Saturday, April 28, 2012

Holiday Plates Series: Valentine's Day & Thanksgiving

Valentine's Day Plate:
I found this super cute plate for Valentine's Day and tried so hard to imitate it. My thrift store was just not as helpful as hers was. :-) I used my Cricut and some white vinyl on a red plate. A bonus to this version is that I did not have to spray paint.
Valentine's Day Plate:
I used the Storybook font on my Cricut and then used my Crop a Dile hole punch to make the dots around the plate. Hole punching the vinyl is great in using up vinyl that can not be used for bigger letters/numbers.

I love this idea so much I have been trying to make more holiday plates. I have found bright fun plates at my Dollar Tree and thrift store. For holiday decorating I am starting to enjoy the thought of being able to rotate decorations in the same place. For example, this plate holder will remain near our television, but will ideally have decorated plates rotating on it. 

Thanksgiving Day Plate:
This was a great find of a plate at my thrift store. I love the colors and design. The Autumn colored flowers and leaves made a perfect background for a Thanksgiving themed plate.
With my Animal Kingdom Cricut cartridge, I cut out a brown vinyl turkey and used acrylic paint to add some color to the feather for fun. After the paint dried I added some Mod Podge to help it last longer. I then cut out the Gobble Gobble phrase in white vinyl from the same cartridge.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these ideas. There will definitely be more to come. I love this plate idea!!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love how your Valentine plate turned out. Using leftover vinyl for polka dots is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also enjoy questions.
I apologize in advance for the word verification, but I am not a fan of SPAM, and it drives me nuts. I hope you are patient enough to "beat the word robot." Thanks, again!